25 x Ø 26 cm
— About the artwork
How many tears weighs a life. The average weight of a newborn baby is 3.3 kg. About 75% of a baby's body is water. The average weight of a baby, in water, is 2.2 kg. 1 liter of water weighs approximately 1 kg. Therefore, the average weight of a newborn baby is 2.2 liters of water. One liter of water contains approximately 20,000 drops of water. The molecular structure of a tear is equivalent to the molecular structure of a drop of sea water and this is equivalent to the water that forms the body of a baby. Therefore, the average volume of a newborn baby is 44,000 tears. The exhibition remains open 5 hours a day for 47 days. That makes a total of 235 hours. 44,000 tears over 235 hours makes a total of 188 tears per hour. That is, 940 tears in a 5-hour day 1 tear every 19 seconds approx. 44,180 tears approx. in 47 days.
- - Shipping costs are calculated according to your destination address and the dimension, weight and insurance value of the artworks.
- - The artworks will be shipped once the on-site exhibition is over, after 6 August. Shipping time will vary according to the address given.
- - Please note that the artworks will be shipped in a special crate with careful delivery conditions and sent by registered mail (Track & Trace).
- - A notice of dispatch will be sent to you by a member of our team.
- - For further information, please read the rest of our Terms & Conditions.